Here is a REALLY quick, easy, and delicious weeknight recipe the whole family will like. This chicken dinner has all of the qualities of comfort food, yet can be made in a pinch! I actually came up with this recipe by altering a stuffed chicken recipe to make it faster and easier.
Creamy Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package of Kraft Fresh Take (I prefer the bacon and cheese)
- 1 package of cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Use a meat mallet to flatten the chicken breasts on a cutting board (if you don’t have a meat mallet, you can use a bowl or a plate to press down on the chicken to flatten it)
- Generously spread cream cheese on one side of each chicken breast and fold them in half like a sandwich
- Shake each piece in the Kraft Fresh Take breading and seasoning
- Place into a greased baking pan and bake for 30 minutes or so. Breading should be golden and the chicken should NOT have any pink left inside.
- I like to stir in mild diced chilis with the cream cheese for a little kick (look for a small can in the Mexican food aisle)
- You can use an variety of Kraft Fresh Take mix that you would like
- I also like to low-fat cream cheese. Not only is it better for you, the texture is also much easier to spread.
I like to serve this dinner with a simple side like butter noodles or Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice. I also grab a bag of Green Giant Frozen Vegetables. There are several varieties in the frozen department.
Visit our Pinterest page for more frugal Target recipes.