Target isn’t the only great place to use coupons. By learning how to use coupons the right way, you can apply these savings techniques to any store in which you shop. Here are ten simple tips that will help you save big bucks:
1. Use Coupons with Sales
Save your coupons and use them when the product goes on sale. By waiting until then to use coupons, you’ll save even more.
2. Stack ‘Em Up
A manufacturer coupon can be paired with a store coupon and used on the same product. This is a couponing technique known as stacking. When you can stack two coupons on a sale item, you’ll save even more.
3. Learn the Lingo
RP, SS, AR, PG, MIR – Do you know what these coupon terms mean? If you don’t, read more on coupon abbreviations and lingo and how it applies when you use coupons.
4. Smaller is Better
In general, when you use coupons on the smallest item possible you’ll save them most. A $1 off coupon used on a $1.25 purchase will result in a greater savings percentage than if you use it on the $2.50 size.
5. Trade Coupons
Start a local coupon trading group, or jump aboard an online coupon train.
6. Use Coupons You Print Online
Besides Target.com, there are many other coupon resources to use to print coupons online. Among them:
- Cellfire.com – Save coupons to your grocery store savings card
- Coupon Network – Powered by Catalina marketing
- Coupons.com – Print brand-name manufacturer coupons at home
- Redplum – Printable coupons from Redplum
- SmartSource – Printable coupons from SmartSource
- Target Coupons – Target store coupons can be combined with other manufacturer’s coupons to double your savings
By making it easy to use coupons, you’re greatly increasing the odds that you’ll actually follow through. Many people swear by using a coupon binder.
8. Find a Store That Doubles
Target does not double coupons, but another store in your area might. It could be worth a short drive to use coupons there.
9. Know When NOT to Use Coupons
Just because you have a coupon doesn’t mean you should use it. Sometimes the best deals are store brands and generics.
10. Read More on How to Use Coupons:
- What companies/brands send out coupons to their consumers?
- How to Use Coupons: Learning Coupon Abbreviations and Lingo
- Where to Send Expired Coupons for Military Families Overseas
- Online Coupon Resources
Have more tips on how to use coupons? Leave them in the comment section below!
These tips on how to use coupons are courtesy of Mommysavers.com and the article How to Use Coupons: Perfecting the Art of Couponing.